Photo via Medium
As expected, Malaysians went all out for the 11.11 sale, and we came out among the top countries in terms of sales growth!
Here are the key findings from ShopBack Malaysia’s full-day data:
1. The peak shopping time belt is 12.00AM – 1.00AM – a phenomenon encouraged by e-merchant’s midnight markdown sales and limited usage vouchers. Here is the peak shopping hour for different countries:
- Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines (12:00 am – 1:00 am)
- Taiwan (11:00 pm – 12:00 am)
- Australia (9:00 pm – 10:00 pm)
- Korea (11:00 am – 12:00 pm)
2. Marketplaces, Fashion, Health & Beauty, and Sports e-merchants are Malaysians’ favourite.
- General Marketplace - Shopee, Taobao
- Fashion - ZALORA, FashionValet
- Health and Beauty - Watsons, iHerb
- Sports - Nike, Adidas
3. Among the 80+ Shopee Official Stores that are directly offering cashback on ShopBack, shoppers spent the most on Enfagrow, P&G, Samsung, Sketchers and Vinda. Pediasure experienced close to 40x sales increase via the orders placed by ShopBack users (compared to an average day).
4. Dettol’s sales also jumped by close to 40x via the orders made by ShopBack users on its Shopee Office Store compared to an average day. This is likely driven by the current trend of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia.
by Kyle Roshen Jacob