Woman Accidentally Swallows Head Scarf Pins, Doctor Advise Public To Not Hold Pins In Between Lips

Pins or headscarf needles are used by hijabis to attach the layers of the hijab to each other in order to keep it steady around the head. 

But what makes it dangerous is when girls tend to hold the needles in between their lips while holding the headscarf using their two hands to try and secure the veil…

woman accidentally swallows head scarf pins, doctor advise public to not hold pins in between lipsPhoto via TikTok (@hanyafototulang)

Recently a video on TikTok, shared by a doctor went viral, showing one of their patients who accidentally swallowed one of her headscarf needles. 

What’s even worse is that the doctor found the needle lodged in the patient’s intestines. The doctor said that if it has been in the intestines for more than 12 hours, then the patient MUST go into surgery to remove it. 

The doctor also advises the public to get rid of this dangerous habit and instead buy a pin cushion to help hold their needles while they put on the headscarf. 

The video has since garnered over 1.9 million views at the time of writing. 

Apparently this is not the first time that this has happened as many in the comment section also shared their own experience of accidentally swallowing hijab needles, “My friend accidentally coughed and the needle poked straight through her lips.

“It was terrible,” said one person. 

@hanyafototulang #fyp #viral #rontgen2023 #abdomen #corpusalienum #hijabers @HanyaFotoTulang @HanyaFotoTulang ♬ suara asli - HanyaFotoTulang

Ah, it must have hurt so badly!