Brave Security Guard And Neighbours Break Into Burning House, Owner Allegedly Asleep

House fires are dangerous, especially if you’re sleeping and you don’t realize that your house is burning.

Recently, a video went viral on TikTok, shared by a user named Kelven Chuah, showing a security guard and a few residents of an apartment building, trying to break into an apartment unit that was caught on fire. 

brave security guard and neighbours break into burning house, owner allegedly asleepPhoto via TikTok (@kelvenchuah)

In the video, a man can be seen breaking the grille gate with a hammer. Once they managed to break into the house, the security guard ran into the house carrying a fire extinguisher. 

He then proceeded to find the fire and put it out with the extinguisher. That is so brave! 

A woman can be heard saying: “It’s a good thing my son saw the smoke. If not, we’re all doomed.” 

Apparently, the house owner doesn’t realize that their house is burning because they were sleeping. So dangerous! 

The video has since garnered over 1 million views at the time of writing, with many in the comment section praising the residents and security guard for their swift action!


How not to realize guys?

♬ original sound - Kelven Chuah

Did you guys know that it’s not only possible but very probable that they didn’t feel a thing? House fires rapidly consume available oxygen and produce large amounts of carbon monoxide. Unlike carbon dioxide, monoxide doesn’t produce the feeling of suffocation that one feels when ‘running out of air.’

As CO builds up, it displaces oxygen in the bloodstream and the person can lose consciousness! And the scariest thing is that CO poisoning and going to sleep are basically the same thing so death from CO, for a person who is asleep, would be literally painless. 

So, guys, be careful with housefires and make sure that your house is safe before going to bed!

By: Aishah Akashah Ahadiat