Malaysian Cabin Crew’s Video Of Them Preparing For The Wuhan Flight Will Make You Proud

In the midst of panic and chaos over the coronavirus outbreak, there are superheroes who risk their lives just to protect us.

A video posted by an AirAsia cabin crew, Muhammad Nadzmi, detailing the procedures the airline crew had to go through to bring back our fellow Malaysians from Wuhan, China make us really proud and blessed to have these unsung heroes, ready to protect our country. 

The video started with a voice-over of Riad Asmat, CEO of AirAsia, briefing the cabin crew before they embarked on the rather dangerous mission.

 “Again, I cannot thank you enough from the bottom of my heart. You are doing something that a lot of people would not do,” Riad said.

“Come back tomorrow morning, I will wait for you guys tomorrow. All the best. You are my heroes”, he added.

What came after were snippets of the cabin crew preparing for the flight; restocking all the food and water supply, protecting themselves with hazmat suits, disinfecting the whole cabin along with the passengers and checking in on the passengers throughout the whole fight to make sure they are doing alright. AirAsia’s cabin crew really gave their all in ensuring that the Malaysians, previously trapped in Wuhan, reached home safe and sound.

The video has since gone viral after being shared by Nadzmi’s sister on Twitter, gaining more than 40K retweets, with people exclaiming how proud they were of the fellow Malaysians and thanking them for their service to the nation.


Muhammad Nadzmi, who is an Air Asia cabin crew, thanked not only his fellow colleagues but also his pregnant wife, who was supportive of him being a part of this rescue mission.

A total of 107 individuals were brought home on the special flight that arrived at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) early Tuesday morning (February 4). The same flight also brought along 500,000 pairs of rubber gloves to be given as a donation to the Chinese government, in order to assist them in containing the coronavirus outbreak there.

As soon as the plane landed, the individuals were screened at the Air Disaster Unit (ADU) and quarantined straight after for a period of 14 days.

Just a few days ago, the Ministry of Health reported that two Malaysians, a 45-year-old and his nine-year-old son, who returned from Wuhan from the special flight tested positive for the coronavirus. According to Health Minister Dzulkefly Ahmad, the two cases are currently being treated at the isolation ward in Hospital Tuanku Jaafar, in Seremban, Negri Sembilan, and they are reported to be in stable condition.

With the latest case involving a 31-year-old Malaysian who has just returned to Malaysia after working in Macau and has a history of traveling to China, Malaysia currently has 18 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the country.

We thank all the unsung heroes who have tirelessly fought to keep us safe and we want to remind everyone to take the necessary preventive measures against the coronavirus!

By: Siti Farhana Sheikh Yahya