“She Was Curious!” Bomba Help Free Toddler’s Arm That Was Stuck In Speaker

The Jabatan Bomba dan Penyelamat Malaysia (JBPM) was alerted just over two days ago that a toddler’s arm had become stuck inside a speaker.

According to Sabah Media, the Bomba received the emergency call at around 3:41 pm. 

“she was curious!” bomba help free toddler’s arm that was stuck in speakerPhoto via Facebook (Borneo Echo)

An eight-man team was then sent over to the family’s home at Taman Kinamount in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Operations Commander PBK II Idy Nirawan Ilyas led the team and when they arrived at the house, they found the little girl crying profusely. 

After assessing the situation, the firemen found that the toddler had put her whole right arm way too far into the speaker’s opening out of curiosity, and then later got stuck. Her mother immediately called the local fire and rescue department for help.

Luckily, firemen were able to help free her arm.

He stated that even though she wasn't taken to the hospital, she did receive medical attention from the Emergency Medical and Rescue Services.

Thankfully, the toddler did not sustain any serious injuries and was said to be in good condition. The entire process took around 20 minutes, and it was done at 4 pm. 

Pihak bomba menerima laporan berkenaan dengan seorang kanak-kanak perempuan di mana tangan dia tersekat dalam kotak...

Posted by Borneo Echo on Tuesday, 31 January 2023

On a lighter note, it was later discovered that the speaker could still be used despite the incident.

The poor baby must be so scared. We’re glad she’s okay now!