M’sian Man Chokes To Death On A Piece Of Ang Ku Kueh

A terrible incident happened last Sunday (29 January) at 9 am at a home in Bagan Datuk, Perak when a man was enjoying his ang ku kueh when he suddenly choked on it.

According to Sin Chew Daily, the victim, 64-year-old Ji, was rushed to a nearby public clinic by his son and daughter-in-law, however, the clinic was closed.

m’sian man chokes to death on a piece of ang ku kuehPhoto via Johor Kaki

They then drove to a private healthcare facility in Teluk Intan where Ji was pronounced dead. Medical officers believed the man died while they were on their way there. 

Later, Ji's family learned that the public clinic they visited had an emergency bell at the front door that would ring to call for emergency medical assistance.

Ji's son was terribly affected by this and felt bad for not being able to save his father’s life.

However, several family members and friends acknowledged that Ji’s son and daughter-in-law were probably too panicked to notice the emergency bell.

Ji was originally from Bagan Datuk, but is currently residing in Penang with his family.