In case you missed it, the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) launched the Data Plan and Device Package for Higher Education Institutions (IPT) students from the B40 category in October last year.
In an official statement released today (January 26th), the Ministry revealed that as many as 195,028 data plans and 3,773 devices have been successfully distributed to these students as of December 31st, 2020.
Meanwhile, a total of 3,997 laptops and desktops are set to be procured by the Ministry to also be distributed to them.
The MOHE initiative also includes getting the best deals from supplier companies as follows:
- Celcom EL30 (Special package: RM30)
- Celcom XPAX 35 (Special package: RM35)
- Maxis Hotlink (Special packages: RM30 / RM40 / RM50)
- Digi (Special packages: RM28 / RM35)
- UNIFI Mobile postpaid (Special package: RM59)
- UNIFI Mobile prepaid (Special package: RM35)
- Acer Student Purchase Program - MOHE [Special package: 5-7% discount (selected products)]
- Samsung Education Store [Special package: From 15% (All products and accessories)]
- Education AOS Store Home [Special package: Between RM85 - RM420 (Depending on type of product)]
Not only that, MOHE also held discussions with Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) for another financial loan initiative under the BSN MyRinggit-i COMSIS Scheme for the purchase of laptops by IPT students.
Back in October, Minister Datuk Dr Noraini Ahmad said that to ensure continuity or enable the students to continue online lessons, the Ministry in collaboration with Yayasan Sukarelawan Siswa (YSS) launched a crowdfunding initiative through Tabung Prihatin Siswa.
Interested parties can contribute through the official bank account (Maybank: 5660 1062 2566) or by clicking the link at www.billplz.com/tabungsiswa.
The Ministry hopes that the assistance and initiatives offered will be fully utilised and will be able to help students as they face challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Help out if you can, guys! We’re all in this together!
by Kyle Roshen Jacob