An elderly woman from Pahang died recently, after choking on kuih onde-onde or buah Melaka while having breakfast at home with her family.
According to NST, Lipis District police chief, Superintendent Azli Mohd Noor said that the 82-year-old victim who lives in Kampung Lentang, Kuala Lipis, Pahang died due to choking.
Photo via Rasa Malaysia
“The incident happened when the victim was having breakfast with her son and then suddenly choked on the kueh.
“Her son immediately contacted a clinic staff in the village to ask for emergency help after seeing his mother’s condition,” he said.
The victim was then taken to the Kuala Lipis Hospital and was pronounced dead at 11 am.
This is so sad. Our condolences go out to the victim’s family!
By: Aishah Akashah Ahadiat