Photo via Engadget
From Augmented Reality Lenses to Snap Games and Scan capabilities, Snapchat keeps thinking of new ways for you to chat, play, and engage with your friends, making it easy and fun to communicate.
Here are five features on the app you may not be aware of:
- Recreate the world around you with Snapchat Lenses
In addition to AR experiences that transform the way you look, Snapchat also offers a variety of ways to mix up your reality, reimagine the world around you, and bring characters to life!
You can change the environment you are in to an ocean theme and hang out with some dinosaurs with World Lenses, level up your videos with Full-body Lenses, and even include your pets in the fun with adorably hilarious Pet Lenses.
- Level up your Stories and Snaps with Cameo Stickers
Cameo Stickers is a new, fun, personal way to express yourself in a chat with your closest friends.
There are hundreds of expressive, hilarious, looping stickers that can be layered on to any Snap or Story you create. Whether you’re excited, in love, bummed, or just want to up the ante of your Snap - you can with an even more authentic and life-like version of yourself to match any mood.
Here’s how to get started and access your Cameo Stickers:
- Simply take a Snap
- Tap the square Sticker Picker button on the right-hand toolbar within the preview
- Head to the newest Cameos Stickers tab
- Select the Sticker that best fits your mood, and start Snapping!
- Don’t already have a Cameo selfie? Head to the Cameos Stickers tab and tap “Create My Cameo.”
- Scan your curiosity
With this feature, you can find out what song is playing, shop for a product, or even learn how to solve a math problem, just by pointing the camera at something.
For example, Plant Snap has developed the ability to identify 90% of all known plants and trees, with more than 600,000 types in their database - so when you see a plant you like, you can use our camera to learn the name, its origin, and even how to take care of it!
How it works:
- Launch Snapchat and direct the camera towards the item you want to scan
- Tap on the screen and hold
- It will scan and a pop up with information will appear
- Alternatively, press and hold on the camera screen to unlock the feature
- Experience a new way of watching shows
Did you know that you can watch shows on Snapchat? Snap Originals are premium shows made exclusively for Snapchat by some of the world's greatest storytellers and made for the unique behaviors of mobile.
Each episode is highly concentrated storytelling: typically five minutes in length. They are vertical, paced for mobile and hyper-visual. The lineup of shows range from comedy to horror and even reality docuseries - there’s something for everyone.
- Meditate On It
At a time when many were experiencing increased anxiety caused by the pandemic, Snap launched an in-app meditation experience with Headspace to provide relief to Snapchatters when things start to get overwhelming. It’s an experience that can be done on your own or with friends.
To launch Headspace Minis:
- Open Snapchat and swipe right to your messages
- Choose a friend to join you or opt to do it on your own
- Tap on the rocket icon on the lower right-hand corner of your screen
- Look for Headspace and start your in-app meditation experience
Have you tried any of these features out yet?
by Kyle Roshen Jacob