As it stands, the Movement Control Order (MCO) in Penang, Selangor, Melaka, Johor, Sabah, as well as the Federal Territories of KL, Putrajaya and Labuan, is due to end on January 26th.
But whether it extends or not, Tourism Selangor has a list of 20 things for you to do at home so you won’t get bored:
Photo via CNN
1. It’s time to take out and dust away your board games.
2. Keep a daily journal of what your family and you have been up to.
3. Now is a good time to bake! Bake some cakes or cookies, who knows if it would turn out so good that you might just be able to sell them.
4. Learn to do meal preps. In case if you are working from home, a pre-prepared meal is always the best to keep your family and you full especially during lunch. You also get to save time from cooking!
5. Movie nights at home. Each night, a family member gets to choose what to watch.
Photo via The Smart Local
6. If you haven’t started, try working out at home.
7. Make a countdown and do something productive each day. This will make you feel good about yourselves by the end of this two-week period.
8. Help your children with homework.
9. Complete puzzles or build something out of legos.
10. Make a list of travel destinations you would like to visit in Selangor.
11. Spring clean! Go through things you don’t use anymore and put them aside for charity.
12. Do chores. Make a list for every member of the family.
13. Redecorate your house.
14. Go camping in your yard.
15. Video chat with friends and relatives. Social distancing doesn’t have to be awful.
16. Plan your next family vacation within your state.
17. Start home gardening (indoors or outdoors).
18. Create a home movie.
19. Make a map of where you would like to go once MCO is over.
20. Karaoke at home!
There’s no way you’re getting bored if you go through this list!
Stay home and stay safe, guys!
by Kyle Roshen Jacob