Astro customers will be in for a treat with a live virtual concert, featuring a star-studded line up of international, Korean and local artistes on 25 September at 9PM on Astro 25 (Channel 100) on TV and Astro GO!
The Astro 25 concert is a gesture of Astro’s appreciation to customers to thank them for their support in Astro’s journey to be the #1 entertainment destination in Malaysia.
Agnes Rozario, Director of Content of Astro said: “As part of Astro’s 25 years of serving Malaysians, we are delighted to showcase our Astro 25 Concert, with a line-up of specially curated performances by Astro’s homegrown talents and popular regional and international acts.
"In line with our 25th Anniversary theme, we believe that we are ‘Better Together’ and this concert is a tribute to our incredible customers and local talent industry who have supported us throughout the years keeping Malaysians entertained and informed as we expand our reach beyond TV and radio. Broadcast on Channel 100, all Astro customers can enjoy the performances from the comfort of their homes with their families," she said.
Hosted by popular artiste, Nabil Ahmad and radio personalities Ean, Arnold and Aishah Sinclair, this mega 3-hour talent fest is jam packed with the following artistes:
- ‘Running Man’ star Kim Jong Kook, who is also known for his melancholic and soothing ballads, will be performing one of his hits. Running Man is the no.1 Korean variety show in Malaysia and which airs on ONE HD (Astro CH393) every Friday.
- Gen Z ‘It’ band TOMORROW X TOGETHER are the latest hit makers from Seoul with captivating vocals, visuals, and performances. Their music speaks to this generation as stories of growth relatable to youth all around the world.
- Two-time Grammy Award winner Jason Mraz, American musician Pink Sweat$, singer-songwriter and artiste Bazzi, and The Voice UK alumni Jamie Miller.
- Homegrown talents including vocal legends and many popular artistes from Datuk Sheila Majid, Ella, Jaclyn Victor, Dayang Nurfaizah, Datuk M. Nasir, Datuk Syafinaz, Erra Fazira and Anuar Zain to Ernie Zakri, Datuk Hattan, Misha Omar, Mugen Rao, Syamel, Zee Avi, Shio Yee, Liza Hanim, Hael Husaini, Datuk Aznil Hj Nawawi and Zynakal.
- Cantopop Hong Kong boy band sensation, Mirror, Hong Kong star Ruco Chan, and 15-year-old winner of TVB’s Stars Academy Gigi Yim.
- Indonesian acts Dewa 19, one of the greatest rock bands in the history of Indonesian popular music, Once Mekel, former lead vocalist of Dewa 19; local rock band Slam and Singapore idol Taufik Batisah.
- Popular comedian and host Harith Iskander and Singaporean comedian, television host and actor, Kumar.
- Stars from Astro’s talent shows Amir Masdi, Siti Nordiana, Naqiu, Yoke Chen, Sarah Suhairi, Santesh, Nicole Lai, Azharina, Han Byul, Noryn Aziz, Vanessa, Vince Chong and Aina Abdul,
- Malaysian artistes Lil J, Orga, TUJULOCA, MK K-Clique, Haqiem Rusli, Yonnyboii and Abigail – the latest generation of trending artistes.
Astro 25 Concert airs Saturday, 25 September at 8:30PM on Astro 25 (Channel 100) and will be streamed on Astro GO. Encore viewing will also be available On Demand after the concert.
Astro viewers can also look forward to the two premiering documentaries Tanah Tumpahnya Darah Kita and We Are No Different on Astro 25 (Channel 100). Both documentary films are about what makes us truly Malaysians – from how the veterans’ sacrifices in defending our country transcended race, religion, language and culture to interracial adoption stories amongst Malaysian families showing love is not defined by racial boundaries.
All of this and over 150 shows comprising the best Malaysian and Asian movies, all-time favourite entertainment and reality shows are on Astro 25 Channel 100.
For more information on Astro’s 25th anniversary offerings, please visit www.astro.com.my/bettertogether
Don’t miss it, guys! It's going to be fun!
By: Aishah Akashah Ahadiat