← Back to list
No Teenager Died From COVID-19 Vaccine, Says Health Ministry
Sep 30, 2021
Come on, we’ve been over this a million times… If you’re not sure, please don’t share!
The Health Ministry (MOH) has denied allegations that five teenagers died after receiving vaccines administered under the National Youth COVID-19 Immunisation Programme (Youth PICK).
Photo via The Straits Times
According to FMT, Deputy Health Minister, Dr. Noor Azmi Ghazali said ministry investigations found that two teenagers in Perak died before getting vaccinated.
“One passed away on August 18th and the other on September 17th. The former had diabetes and depended on insulin while the other suffered from congenital heart disease and was brought to hospital with a severe infection, with the cause of death being ‘sepsis with underlying congenital heart disease’” he clarified.
Both boys were 17-years-old.
He also said there were no deaths recorded among teenagers who had been vaccinated in Lahad Datu, Sabah.
Noor Azmi responded to allegations made in a video that went viral on Tuesday (September 28th), claiming five teenagers died after receiving vaccines in Perak, Sabah and another undisclosed location.
Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin, who shared his deputy’s statement on his Twitter account said the woman in the video “flat out lied”.
Meanwhile, Perak police said they were investigating the claim for “intentional insult to provoke breach of peace.”
“We will be investigating the matter under Section 505 (b) of the same Code for statements that could cause public alarm and distress,” said Perak police chief Mior Faridalathrash Wahid.
Malaysia started its vaccination drive for teenagers earlier this month and targets 60% of those aged between 12 and 17 to receive at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by November.
A total of 80% of all teenagers will be fully vaccinated before schools reopen for the 2022 session.
No one died because of the vaccine. Please stop spreading fake news!
By: Aishah Akashah Ahadiat