Actress, TV host and entrepreneur, Neelofa and her husband PU Riz plead not guilty at a Magistrate's Court to a charge of violating the conditional movement control order (MCO) by not registering her personal details before entering the premise in Nilai 3.
According to The Star, the 32-year-old claimed trial to the charge of failing to check in via the MySejahtera application or register manually at Naem Carpet, located at the Nilai Industrial Area, at 4pm on May 2.
Neelofa and her husband PU Riz were charged at the Magistrate’s Court for violating the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) SOPs earlier this month.
This came after netizens on Instagram and Twitter claimed that the celebrity and her husband have once again made an interstate trip during the CMCO, but this time to go carpet shopping in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan.
Photo via New Straits Times
Nilai Police chief Supt. Mohd Fazley Ab Rahman said that the couple would be charged under Regulation 19 of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (Measures Within Infected Local Area)(Conditional Movement Control) No.4) (Amendment) (No.12) Regulations 2021).
He said, PU Riz or his full name Muhammad Haris, would face two charges namely for failing to scan the MySejahtera QR Code or to register manually to check in to a business premises in Nilai and for not wearing a face mask at a public place as required under the CMCO SOP.
“Meanwhile, Neelofa will be charged with failing to comply with the CMCO SOP by not scanning the MySejahtera QR Code or register manually to check in to the same premises,” he said in a statement as reported by BERNAMA.
Earlier this month, on Sunday (May 2nd), Neelofa uploaded pictures and videos of her and her husband in a carpet shop in Nilai, which immediately got the attention of netizens.
Two days later, both of them were reported to have spent four hours at the Nilai Police headquarters to give their statements on the case.
By: Aishah Akashah Ahadiat