Photo via paultan.org
With the interstate-travel ban now lifted, we are beginning to see an increase in the number of vehicles on the roads. And since we are still in the Raya season, more people are expected to travel to their hometowns to visit their families. PLUS Highway’s Head of Operations, Mohd Yusuf Abd Aziz says he estimates a 15 – 20% increase in traffic volume from Kuala Lumpur heading outbound this weekend.
Photo via Astro Radio News
For those of you who have not driven long distance since the start of the MCO, here are a few things to keep in mind before starting your journey.
- Service your vehicle prior to travelling
- Always practise social distancing and regular handwashing
- Ensure sufficient balance in your Touch n Go card (all top-up lanes will be closed)
- All restaurants on the PLUS Highway (R&R) will resume operations on 15th June
- All prayer rooms (Surau) are closed until further notice
- Pre-order food services are available at participating rest stops along the PLUS Highway
For more traffic information, download the PLUS mobile app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, or follow PLUS Highway on twitter at (@plustrafik). Alternatively, call the PLUS toll-free line at 1800-88-0000.
Remember, we are still in the recovery mode of the Movement Control Order, and we all need to play our part to fight Covid-19.
Drive safe everyone!
By: Rayelene Chin