Five-Year-Old French Boy Dies From Jellyfish Sting In Pangkor Island

A five-year-old French boy died after being stung by a jellyfish while swimming at Teluk Nipah beach in Pangkor on Monday (15 August).

According to Malay Mail, the Manjung District Police chief ACP Nor Omar Sappi said that the victim suddenly screamed in pain while swimming with his family. The incident happened at around 6:45 pm.

five-year-old french boy dies from jellyfish sting in pangkor islandPhoto via The Star

“People close by ran towards the victim after hearing his screams and later realized that he had been stung by a jellyfish. 

“While the boy was brought to shore, he then fell unconscious and his family took him to the Pangkor Health Clinic,” he said. 

He then received a call from the health clinic informing him that the victim had been confirmed dead at about 7:30 pm. 

Autopsy on the victim at Seri Manjung Hospital found that the cause of death was due to “jellyfish envenomation” and the case was classified as sudden death.

The poor family must be heartbroken! Our sincere condolences to the victim’s family!

By: Aishah Akashah Ahadiat