All vaccinated senior citizens aged 60 and above, as well as adult Sinovac recipients have been given more time to get their COVID-19 booster shot.
The Health Minister says they will now have until March 31 to receive the booster dose.
Photo via The Star
According to Khairy Jamaluddin this means such recipients who fail to get the jab will lose their “fully vaccinated” status from April 1 onwards.
Khairy previously announced that the full vaccination status of such recipients would be withdrawn if they failed to receive the booster by February 28.
On another note, the minister says those who came into close contact with COVID-19 patients will soon be subject to new SOPs.
Starting March 1, close contacts aged 18 and above who are asymptomatic and have already received the booster dose will not be required to undergo quarantine.
However, Khairy noted that they must undergo self-testing on the first and third day after coming into close contact with the COVID case.
He adds that those who are symptomatic must undergo self-isolation for five days.
As for close contacts who are vaccinated but have not completed the booster shot, Khairy says the quarantine period will remain at five days.
Stay safe, and don’t forget to test yourself regularly!
By: Elle Firdouz