Let's be honest, we sometimes go on TikTok just to find easy recipes for a lazy day...
Photo via Borneo Authentic Food
TikTok, the leading destination for short-form mobile videos, with airasia grocer, has launched five new destination-inspired recipe packs, the TikTok Value Packs that allows Malaysians to #MakanAngin via their taste buds.
Tapping into the wanderlust Malaysians are feeling with borders closed, the destination grocer packs invites Malaysians to indulge in our shared love of food and try their hand at making signature dishes from five different countries - Thailand, Korea, Indonesia, Philippines, and Malaysia.
The TikTok Value Packs come in 2-person portions and are packed with pre-portioned fresh produce and ingredients to make these dishes:
- Thailand: Add some spice to your life with the Sawak-Dee TikTok Value Pack and cook up some Tom Yum Goong to share.
- Korea: Say hello to Oppa's TikTok Value Pack and mix up a hearty bowl of Bibimbap for two.
- Indonesia: The Rasa-Indo TikTok Value Pack lets you make Nasi Goreng that would put even the strictest critics at ease.
- Philippines: Impress your fellow diners by making Chicken Adobo with the Pinoy TikTok Value Pack.
- Malaysia: Enjoy the flavours of home and cook homemade Nasi Lemak with the Jom-Makan TikTok Value Pack.
"TikTok has brought inspiration and joy to people around the world; and during the ongoing pandemic, have birthed many at-home chefs who are eager to share recipes and hop on food trends such as Dalgona Coffee and Feta Pasta.
"With these Value Packs, we are making it easier than ever for aspiring cooks to whet their appetite for travel and food at one go and try their hands at making the dishes we love and miss," said Yin Yin Hooi, Head of Marketing for TikTok Malaysia.
Yes, we definitely remember the Dalgona coffee trend. It was everywhere!
Also, between 28 November - 18 December 2021, TikTok Malaysia are encouraging users to share their love of food based on the destination they want to visit...
To join this contest, users just have to share how they can best whip up a dish with the ingredients available in the pack and hashtag #MakanAngin. The top video uploaded to the #MakanAngin hashtag will stand a chance to win a pair of return AirAsia flights to any destinations in Malaysia.
Be right back, packing our bags and planning what we'll be cooking for dinner tonight!