Photo via Tech in Asia
Penang, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, Johor and Sabah have been placed under the Movement Control Order (MCO) till January 26th, and as we stay at home to flatten the COVID-19 curve in Malaysia once again, Grab has pledged to continue all of its services.
Here is the list of Grab services that will carry on as usual over the MCO period:
Driver & delivery partners
- Boosting the delivery network: With new services launched and the growing demand for delivery services, Grab is once again deploying its drivers to boost the delivery network and also supplement their income due to the possible decline in transport needs. This will ensure customers will continue to have seamless access to the Food, Mart and Express services.
- Grab ‘Partner Protection Fund’: The driver or delivery partner will receive up to RM1,000 to help with their medical needs if they are tested positive for COVID-19, or up to RM350 if they are required to self-isolate for precautionary purposes.
- Highest safety and hygiene standards via GrabProtect: To keep the community safe, Grab’s driver and delivery network will have easy access to masks, sanitisers, cleaners and disinfectant sprays via the GrabBenefits platform. Its driver and delivery network are also required to voluntarily submit daily health declarations through the Grab Driver App.
- “Food Courts by GrabFood” and expanded "Pasar by GrabMart": Grab introduced these services last year to help digitalise more traditional merchants whilst providing access to affordable essentials like food and daily needs to users.
- Instant retail: With foot-fall possibly declining for retailers, Grab will continue to support growing retailers on Mart such as convenience, independent grocers and pharmacies with its instant delivery service.
Grab has encouraged the public to continue following COVID-19 SOPs, and thanked all delivery services and frontliners for their continued dedication and sacrifice in keeping us safe.
by Kyle Roshen Jacob