LITE recently introduced their new morning Breakfast Show personalities, Bel and JD!
Belinda Chee or Bel hails from Kuching, Sarawak and at a very young age would perform on stage until she discovered competitive swimming, where she represented her state and country for 8 years before retiring to focus on her studies. Armed with a degree in Media and Communications, she went back to performing but this time as a TV host for various shows, acting for various dramas and as a radio announcer.
Jason Desmond (JD) holds a Bachelors in Engineering and was briefly a lecturer in Penang before his gift of gab brought him to KL where he flourished in the broadcasting industry as a Breakfast Show announcer. He’s been on radio now for over a decade and his passion for sports led him to hosting various TV shows on Astro, Fox and ESPN.
Listen to positive, motivational and inspiring stories on LITE every morning from 6 to 10am, as Bel and JD explore real lives, real people and real conversations.
New segments on the LITE Breakfast to look out for:
- Eye on the Ball (Monday): where JD reviews the biggest football games from the weekend.
- #NeverTooOld (Tuesday): where Bel shares a story from around the workd of people who can prove that “you can teach old dogs new tricks”
- Growing pains (Tuesday): discussing parenting issues
- Mind Your English (Wednesday): where Bel, JD and an experienced guest teacher show fans the right way to use certain phrases in English
- Stargazing (Thursday): Has Bel rounding up the week with celebrity stories, and;
- Front Page (Friday): Bel and JD speak to journalists, political analysts and experts on the latest news.
Popular segments of the LITE Breakfast that will continue to air, includes:
- Breakfast Champion: A contest where 2 contenders go head-to-head in a game of trivia, where the winner takes home cash prizes.
- The Right Perspective: For insights to a more balanced, purposeful and satisfactory life.
- Mind Matters (Wednesday): For discussions on mental health issues with professionals.
- Healthwise (Thursday): For health and wellness discussions with guest doctor
- Front Page (Friday): Where they speak to journalists, political analysts and experts on the latest news.
Listen to your relaxing favourites on-air at these frequencies or download the free SYOK app and listen to LITE anytime, anywhere:
By: Aishah Akashah Ahadiat