The Movement Control Order (MCO) 2.0 which starts today until 26th January 2021, does not allow inter-state and inter-district travel. More than 300 roadblocks have been imposed in the affected states, namely Penang, Selangor, Melaka, Johor, Sabah, as well as the Federal Territories of KL, Putrajaya and Labuan.
Photo via Astro Awani
As of 13th January this morning, officials have implemented roadblocks in the following areas:
Photo via ITIS
- JALAN LOKE YEW: Viva Homes - Tun H S Lee police station
- JALAN KUCHING: Segambut roundabout - Jalan Sultan Ismail
- NKVE: Bukit Raja toll, Setia Alam toll, Shah Alam toll, Subang toll, Damansara toll, Kota Damansara toll and Duta toll
- JALAN SEMANTAN: Jalan Maarof - Semantan MRT station
- JALAN PUTRA PERMAI: In both directions near Nahrim
- MRR2: Klang Gates - Taman Melawati
- BUKIT JALIL HIGHWAY: Kinrara - Puchong Jaya
- KESAS: Bukit Tinggi - Jalan Kebun Interchange
- KLANG: Persiaran Raja Muda Musa and Jalan Langat - Kota bridge
- BANTING: In both directions near the Bandar Mahkota industrial area
Photo via Jalan Skudai, Johor (Jalanow.com)
- JB EAST COAST HWAY: Permas Jaya - Permas bridge
- PERSIARAN PERLING: Taman Perling - Tampoi
- JALAN SKUDAI: Tampoi - Skudai
- PASIR GUDANG HIGHWAY: Jalan Pandan – Kempas
Photo via Penang bridge (Jalanow.com)
- TUN DR LIM CHONG EU HIGHWAY: Jelutong - Penang bridge
- JALAN MASJID NEGERI: Taman Greenview - Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu highway
- PLUS HIGHWAY: Permatang Pauh - Penang bridge
The Inspector-General of Police, Tan Sri Abdul Hamid Bador, said the number of roadblocks is expected to increase from time to time, involving a total of 48,000 officers.
He added that the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) will also be lenient to Malaysians who need to travel inter-state from today until Friday due to emergencies or unavoidable matters.
If you wish to travel inter-state or inter-district during the MCO & CMCO period, you are required to fill in the MCO Movement Permit Form or CMCO Movement Permit Form to obtain police permission before going for your trip. Visit the National Security Council’s (MKN) Facebook page to download the form.
Photo via MCO Movement Permit Form (Source: MKN)
And as always, make sure to follow the prescribed standard operating procedures (SOP) and practice good personal hygiene.
By: Amy Shariffudin